Thursday, September 4, 2008

Living Nativity and Christmas at the Zoo





Last Christmas season was amazing! It fills my heart to look back at all the great things the four of us experienced together for the first time as our complete family. First, we went to the living Nativity at First Presbyterian. Thomas was so sweet and amazed by the music, the animals, and the baby Jesus in the manger. At one point, we thought Luke and Thomas were doing chest compressions on him because they were checking him out so intently. We definitely plan to do this again this year. I can only imagine what busy Lily will think of all of it. She will probably try to pick up "baby" and give him her sippy cup.



One of our other favorite Christmas outings is a visit to Riverbanks Zoo to see the lights, a few animals, and roast marshmallows. This was our second year, and it was so cold! I love looking at the pictures of my sweet boy all bundled up with his REI hat, camo gloves (he picked them out himself), and his warm blanket from Megan and Marlys. (He had to make sure he could see the embroidered fire truck when he was in his stroller) Lily was there, but we kept her in her carrier for the most part to try to keep her warm.


I have to say that I am so excited about fall and winter coming. It is always such a busy, wonderful time for us.