Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lily Gets to Sleep with a Blanket

Call me crazy/paranoid, but Thomas never had a blanket in his crib. He didn't get one until he moved to his big boy bed. Thankfully, the seasons worked out that way with feet pajamas, then warm weather.
I'm not sure if it is because Lily is the second child, or if it is truly the weather (which is the story I'm sticking to for fairness sake), but we decided it was time to give Lily a blanket in her crib. The first night she cried so hard at one point, because she wanted to sit up but didn't realize the blanket wasn't actually gluing her to the crib! It was pitiful and precious all at once.
Now we ask her if she wants her blanket when we put her down, and she says, "Peas" (please). Then, "Der it is! Tank tou.", snuggles her bear in her arm, and grins a priceless grin.
I know these will be some of my favorite pictures forever!