Monday, November 1, 2010

Lily's First Day of School

Thomas started school/Mother's Morning Out when the summer before he turned three. I mostly did this so he could get out of the house some when Lily was first born. He loved it! I did, too. Did Lily start the summer before she turned three? No. She started the fall AFTER she turned three. That means, because of how their birthdays fall, Thomas started school a year and a half early than Lily. There are a few reasons for this. First, she is my last baby, and I wanted her home with me as long as possible. Second, we were involved in more events than when Thomas was that age. Lily did spend time away from me at the YMCA when I worked out, at MOPS, and at CBS. So, she is by far not a sheltered little girl, but she is starting school differently than her big brother did.

She is in the same school that Thomas was in for 3K. She also has the same teacher, which makes her feel right at home....to the point that she helps the other kids with the routine!

Here are the pictures for the lead up to her first day.

Thomas and Lily checking out her folder we picked up at parent orientation. He was sooo excited for her!



B.E.E. book


Open House the day before school started. Lily LOVES Mrs. Head....in fact, our entire family does :-)




"Mom, I should sit here for circle time, because my name starts with an 'L'."


Leaving open house with her brand new school bag! My baby is growing up too quickly.



Ready for the first day!




Little nervous, but excited in car line. She would not let me walk her in for her first day. She insisted on doing car line.




I was not prepared for the flood of tears I had once she hopped out of the van, headed into the building, and never once looked back! I am very proud of her independence, though.