Wednesday, August 13, 2008

National Night Out and a Rough Dental Visit





We took Thomas and Lily to National Night Out last week so Thomas could see the fire trucks, police vehicles, ambulances, and get some free things. He was so excited! Very timid around the big trucks, but excited to be there and see Snoopy. He even got to sit in the driver seat of the fire truck. Lily had a great time once she was able to get out of the stroller. She discovered how my water bottle worked, and was content for the rest of the night. It was incredibly hot, but they were troopers. Even Lily's hair was wet from being so sweaty, but Thomas still jumped in the inflatable dinosaur.

Thomas had his third dentist visit Thursday, and it did not go well. It seems like each visit has slowly gone worse than the previous one. For some reason, he was too scared for the hygenist to use the electric toothbrush, and barely let her floss his teeth. I did get a cute picture of him with his "sunglasses" on before panic set in. I think we will have to talk it up more before his February appointment. Lily, however, was so grateful for her new toothbrush that I opened there. She sat right in the chair and brushed her teeth while we waited for the dentist to come see Thomas. I'm not sure why she likes this new toothbrush more than the one she already had, but we are so glad that she enjoys having her teeth brushed now.