Saturday, June 12, 2010

G-Day Game in Athens



Ah...I love this place! Get ready for a lot of pictures in this post...I cannot express how much I love Athens - especially in the spring. We decided to take both kids to the spring game this year. We drove up early enough to stop by Espresso Royale for a coffee, grab a to-go lunch from Taco Stand to eat on North Campus, and tailgate with some friends for a while.

Did the kids love the game? Not so much. Running around North Campus climbing trees and light posts? Definitely!



What did Lily choose out of the entire dessert case at Espresso Royale? A banana! Love the rare times when my kids choose healthy! Me? I may have had a latte complete with condensed milk. Not the best example, but such a great treat!


Thomas reading the Flagpole. Can't you picture him here in 14 years or so? Eek!


Look how huge the trees are!!


He was so proud of himself for climbing this light post.





4th quarter...




Waiting to see Uga...er...I mean Russ....


Cute guy



I've never visited the chapel bell, and seen this sign before...it says not to ring the bell because a ceremony was in progress. Don't worry, they only pretended to ring it.



Not-so-patiently waiting for some frozen yogurt

Worth the wait? Yes! Toppings of choice for the kids? Strawberries, blueberries, and Fruity Pebbles! Yogurt flavor? Pomegranate!


Two tuckered out cuties. Love the flowers, too.



"Can we go home now, Daddy?"