
Lily had to stop "right now, Mommy. Hurry!" on our way home from Augusta recently. So, we pulled off an exit and I let her use her travel potty on the side of the road. That little pit stop turned into a great discovery! We found this great produce stand - that also sells boiled peanuts and snowballs (a cross between a snowcone and Hawaiian ice)! I have taken this exit several times to go to Hartsville, but have never turned left at the 4-way stop.
The two men who run the produce stand and snowball factory are so friendly. Leon, the produce man, has his garden right behind his house. We could see where he had just pulled the potatoes from the ground! He and his wife recently retired from their jobs in Mount Pleasant to move back to his childhood home of Lamar. Herb, the peanut/snowball man lives a little farther away, but bought the building for his stand from Leon's neighbor since her husband is too sick with Alzheimer's for her to run it this year.
Can you tell I hung out for a while? That is because the kids and I were enjoying blue raspberry and pink lemonade snowballs at the picnic table! Herb makes his own syrups, so these snowballs are the real deal...no watered down stuff here. Another plus? All the blue raspberry came out of Lily's dress with the first wash!

If you live in Florence, please stop by for some produce! These men are as southern gentlemen as they come, and would love to have your business - and your company!
Prices weren't bad, either...peaches were $2.50 for a small basket, potatoes were $.99/lb....boiled peanuts $2.50 a bag and snowballs are $1.50 for a small and $2.50 for a large. So worth the 15 minute drive from Florence. I think it is closer to my house than the state farmer's market. They have a nice picnic table with umbrella, so feel free to take a picnic!

Directions...From Florence take I-20 to exit 131, turn left over I-20, go to the 4-way stop, turn left, and they are right there on the left. Across the street from the red flea market that has produce, too. We didn't visit the other place, but will next time we go.