Friday, July 1, 2011

Father's Day

We spent Father's Day in Augusta with each of our dads.

Sunday morning we hung out at Dad and Melissa's for a while. The kids didn't know that Dad had a golf cart, so they were so excited when he pulled out of the garage. We rode over to a pond across the street to feed the fish and turtles.





Thomas tried his hand at driving the golf cart. I must say he does better in his Ford truck than the golf cart. I guess there were too many distractions on the golf cart.



We went to the cemetery after that to visit Asa/Papa's grave. It was sad to be there, but I am glad we have somewhere to go spend some quiet time talking about him. Thomas told us he doesn't like visiting Papa's grave on holidays, because it makes him wish he was there celebrating with us. He amazes me with his understanding of his emotions sometimes. And, it breaks my heart that he has to deal with such emotions at the age of six.

After the cemetery, we went to Steve and Debbie's for some pool time and burgers. The men definitely got a workout that day between throwing Thomas and Lily, and jumping off the diving board with them! It was a perfect weather day, and we loved celebrating with everyone. I'm sure Jeremy would have enjoyed sleeping in some, though, for his Father's Day gift.








Lily eventually regained her confidence and went off the diving board alone. I'm so glad she is remembering her swimming skills from last summer.





We love Uncle Shawn!!